For the IT Buyer
Cisco Spark enables people to meet, message, share, whiteboard, and call in a way that is secure, meets legal, regulatory, and compliance mandates, and provides comprehensive business insights.
Cisco Spark Meetings, Messaging, Calling, and Care
Cisco Spark brings people together to collaborate, discuss, and make decisions in instant and scheduled meetings. In-app audio and video calling pulls the people in your space together for a huddle, with one tap. Meetings powered by Cisco WebEx provide an even more productive meeting environment. All Cisco Spark Meetings allow screen sharing and a variety of tools for interactive creative work.
Share video, screen share, and use interactive drawing and white boarding within the Cisco Spark app with up to 25 users. Just tap the Call activity circle to start your meeting. Anyone in the space can join or add guests from outside of the space.
Join from desktop, mobile or room device endpoints
Join a meeting in the Cisco Spark app from Cisco Spark Board, any Cisco Spark room device, or Cisco phones registered to Cisco Spark.
Simplified scheduling with @spark
With Hybrid Calendar Service, you can add @spark to your Microsoft Outlook invite to automatically create a new Cisco Spark space for all the people in your meeting. People can just click the link at the bottom of your invite to join.
Advanced Meetings (Summer 2017)
Host meetings with Cisco WebEx and enjoy all the capabilities of a WebEx meeting. Share video and screen share with up to 200 people.
Join from any device
Join meetings from any browser, from desktop and mobile devices, on phones via the public switched telephone network (PSTN), from Cisco Spark room devices, Cisco phones registered to Cisco Spark, Microsoft Skype for Business endpoints, third-party standards-based video endpoints, and more.
Personal meeting room with a unique url
Each user gets a Personal Room with its own, customizable persistent URL and URI to make scheduling and joining meetings easy.
Simplified scheduling with @spark and @webex
Using Cisco Spark Hybrid Services makes it easier to schedule meetings and create Cisco Spark spaces. The Calendar Service in Advanced Meetings allows you to add @webex to your Microsoft Outlook invite, which automatically populates the body of your email invite with your Cisco WebEx meeting information.Users can also add @spark to their Microsoft Outlook invite, which will create a Cisco Spark space and add the meeting to that space.
Cisco Spark Board
The Cisco Spark Board is a touch-based, three-in-one collaboration device that combines wireless presentation, interactive digital white boarding, and video conferencing. It’s designed for rich team collaboration, securely connecting physical and virtual meeting spaces so that teams can work together any time before, during, and after meetings.
The mobile-first Cisco Spark Messaging experience is designed to keep agile, remote teams connected in secure virtual work spaces. Persistent individual and group conversations with contextual file sharing allow people to jump in and contribute as time permits. Teams discuss, share, and make decisions on a rolling basis. Audio and video calling capabilities are right there in the app.
Create and name Cisco Spark spaces for individual projects or topics so users can find conversations easily.
Search and Filter
Do secure searches for information, files, people, teams, or spaces. Filter a search to limit it to specific spaces or specific people’s messages.
Call attention to important messages by tagging a person’s name in the message. Prioritize for your own reading those messages someone has tagged for you.
Prioritize important spaces by making them favorites. Then filter for favorite spaces for easy viewing.
Flag any message to make sure you view it later.
Zero in on relevant information (unread messages, private messages, favorites, mentions, or flags).
Preview files on any device, so you can view before downloading.
Content upload from mobile
Upload files stored in the cloud to Cisco Spark—from your mobile device.
Receive notifications on all the devices you use for Cisco Spark. You can choose to be notified when a message is posted to a space in which you are mentioned, when you are added to a conversation, or when you receive a call. Tailor your notifications for individual spaces and teams. Turn them on and off as needed.
Security and encryption
Cisco Spark encrypts messages, files, and room names on your device before sending them to the cloud. Content arrives at our servers in encrypted form and is processed (data in use) and stored (data at rest) in its encrypted state until it is decrypted on the intended recipients’ devices.
Space moderation and team moderation
When the teamwork is sensitive, lock spaces and assign moderators. Then only a moderator can add or remove people, edit the space name, or delete others’ messages and files. Moderators can also assign co-moderators.
Care Assistant (paid plans)
Cisco Spark's built-in Care Assistant automatically connects people to subject matter experts, making it ideal for internal support and help desks.
Cisco Spark Messaging supports multiple languages.
Cisco Spark Calling is built on a cloud-based phone service perfect for small to mid-size organizations, offering the benefits of traditional phone systems without the expense and complexity of on-premise deployment. Alternatively, connect your existing Cisco Unified Communications Manager call control infrastructure to your Cisco Spark service through Cisco Spark Hybrid Services. Our partners can help with your PSTN and other connectivity services.
Cisco Spark also offers a range of IP and video.
Learn more: Cisco Spark Hybrid Services
Audio and video calls with internal and external participants
- Make and receive audio calls from phones registered to your Cisco Spark service. Dial international, national, or local formats.
- Make and receive internal video calls through registered phones, or within the app.
- Place video calls to other businesses or people by dialing their SIP user/room identifier.
Calls from the Cisco Spark app
Make and answer your calls in the Cisco Spark app. When called, your phone and the app ring at the same time.
Apple iOS 10 integration
The Cisco Spark Call app for Apple iOS 10 tightly integrates with your Apple iPhone via Apple’s Callkit. Use the built-in dialer to make Cisco Spark calls.
Turn calls into meetings
Calling another Cisco Spark user automatically creates a Cisco Spark space for screen sharing, file sharing, and messaging.
Cisco Spark Phone—Cisco Spark app integration for desk phone control
Initiate, end, answer or decline a phone call using your Cisco Spark IP desk phone, by clicking a button from within the app.
My Cisco Spark portal for users
Customize your phone settings, generate a device activation (QR) code, and personalize call features such as single number reach, do not disturb, and call forward.
Access and call corporate directory contacts from the Cisco Spark phone or app. Personal contacts on IP phones.
Personal contacts on IP phones
Add your personal contacts on Cisco Spark IP phones. Then add shortcuts to a local contact in your directory or call history.
Speed dials with status monitoring
Configure speed dials in your Cisco Spark IP phone. If you’re calling a Cisco Spark user, the line status is shown in the line key.
Single number reach
Give people a single number at which to reach you. Answer your calls on your desk or mobile phone.
Do not disturb
Turn off your ringer for incoming calls.
Decline a call with a message on Cisco IP phone 8800
Decline a call and send a Cisco Spark message (“Can I call you later?”) with the touch of a button.
Call hold and resume, with video
Let callers hear music with video while waiting for you.
Caller ID mapping
Set your Caller ID to display during a call. Choose to display your personal line or the official company number.
Configure a single phone or extension number for multiple users.
Multiple calls per Line
Receive eight simultaneous calls per line—ideal for receptionists and broadcast hunt groups.
Forward your calls to any number you choose.
Transfer a call in progress to another person.
Put phones in common areas such lobbies (for assistance) or classrooms.
Ad-hoc video conferencing
Initiate an unscheduled audio or video call with up to two other parties.
Emergency services dialing
Dial emergency services (911 in U.S.). Providing your organization, phone number, and device is supported, so that the emergency service has your address and callback number.
Configure a collection of telephone numbers to ring in a specific order based upon a ringing algorithm. Monitor your login status through a line key.
Auto Attendant or virtual receptionist
Set Auto Attendant to greet callers and route them to employees or departments. Includes time-of-day routing with time-zone support, holidays, route-to actions, and submenus.
Message waiting indicator
You’ll be notified by the message waiting indicator (MWI) when you have unheard voicemail.
Voicemail and voicemail to email
Check voicemail from any phone. Your voicemail follows you so you can listen and respond promptly. You can also receive an email with the audio file as an attachment.
Cisco Spark Care Callback (add-on)
Cisco Spark Care is a digital customer care solution for help desks and small teams. Groups like these can use Cisco Spark Care to support external or internal customers via web chat and call-backs. Spark Care requires an additional license.
Cisco Spark Calling administrative features
Manage telephone (DID) numbers
Get a visual aid of the mapping between DIDs, users, and extension numbers.
Company Number configuration
Designate a telephone number as your company number. Use it as a Caller ID option for any user dialing out from the company.
Multiple extension number ranges
Configure multiple extension ranges for your users’ extensions.
Variable length extension number
Configure your system extension numbers with 3-5 digits.
Enable company or individual users to dial national, premium, or international numbers. Department and lobby phone configuration.
Department and lobby phone configuration
Put phones in common areas such as lobbies (for assistance) or classrooms.
Display local time with format configuration.
Maintain your company time zone, and separately configure local time on a per-device basis—ideal for remote workers. Choose between 12 or 24-hour format.
Preferred language settings
Set up a preferred language for your users to interact with their phones and my.ciscospark.com portal. Languages supported: English (U.S. and U.K.), Spanish (for Latin America), French (Canada).
Defer phone upgrades
Users will be notified on the phone when an upgrade is available. You can defer a phone upgrade until you are ready.
Department and lobby phones
Place phones in common areas (places), e.g., for lobby assistance, classrooms, etc.
Cisco Spark Care is a digital customer support solution for help desks and small teams. It enables connected digital experiences by supporting customer care teams that want to deliver contextual, continuous, and capability-rich journeys to external or internal customers.
Cisco Spark Care can quickly be embedded on your website to offer chat and callback services. Cisco Spark Care includes a customer care agent workspace and integrated reporting with customer feedback to improve help desk productivity and effectiveness.
Cisco Spark Care is offered as part of Cisco Spark, with integrated administration and enterprise-class security.
Learn more about Cisco Spark Care
Chat – Your customers can interact with agents via a chat area on your website. This includes
- Chat office hours.
- Customized messaging and branding.
- Customizable prompting of information from the customer before the chat.
- Customer satisfaction scoring.
Voice callback – Customers on your website can request a voice callback.
Note that voice callback availability is restricted to countries in which Cisco Spark Call service is provided.
- Context service – Agents can view a history of the customer’s previous interactions.
- Customer profile – Agents can see available profile information.
Selection by agents – Pick routing of incoming contacts (chat, calls).
- Features desktop agent workspace.
- Includes remote-agent support.
- Offers per-agent chat capacity for up to 5 concurrent chat sessions.
- Includes simultaneously handle call and chat sessions.
- Review agent individual and team performance.
- Check customer satisfaction and handled contacts.
Cisco Spark PSTN Preferred Media Partner Ecosystem
Cisco Spark service does not include PSTN services. Customers need to purchase PSTN services from a third-party provider listed below. Our partners can provide PSTN local, long-distance, and direct-inward-dial services.
PSTN voice services fully integrated with Cisco Spark calling for a complete business calling solution.
West UC (USA)
MaxxConnect from West, provides PSTN connectivity, long distance and DID services for Cisco Spark calling customers.
As the first PSTN provider for Cisco Spark in Canada, ThinkTel voice services are directly integrated with Cisco Spark Calling, delivering effective collaboration through seamless integration for employees, customers, and stakeholders.
Supported devices and applications for Cisco Spark
Cisco Spark app
- Android Smartphones––Jellybean 4.1 and later
- iPhone and iPad––iOS 9.0 and later
- Mac––OS X Maverick 10.10 and later on a supported Mac
- Web––Google Chrome (latest), Mozilla Firefox (latest), Internet Explorer 11
- Note Cisco Spark calling is available only on Mozilla Firefox.
- Windows PCs––Windows 7 and later
Cisco Spark room devices
- Cisco Spark Board
- Cisco TelePresence SX10 Quick Set
- Cisco TelePresence SX20 Quick Set
- Cisco TelePresence SX80 Codec
- Cisco TelePresence MX200 G2
- Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2
- Cisco TelePresence MX700
- Cisco TelePresence MX800
- Cisco Spark Room Kit
- Cisco Spark Room Kit Plus
- Cisco Spark Room 55
- Cisco Spark Room 70
Desktop devices and IP and video IP phones (desk phones)*
- Cisco DX70
- Cisco DX80
- Cisco IP Phone 7811, 7821, 7841, 7861
- Cisco IP Phone 8811, 8841, 8845, 8851, 8861, 8865
* Cisco IP Phone models 8821 and 8831 are not supported
Desktop IP Conference Phone
Cisco IP Conference Phone 7832
Analog Telephone Adapter
Cisco Analog Telephone Adapter 190 SC
- Key expansion modules: add buttons to your phone
- Add line keys for additional functionality––ideal for admin assistants.
- Supported on 8851, 8861, 8865 Phones.
Security, compliance, and management
Cisco Spark Control Hub and Pro Pack
The Cisco Spark Control Hub is included with any paid subscription and provides visibility and control for Cisco Spark. It is a web-based, intuitive, single pane of glass to provision, administer, and manage the entire Cisco Spark service. The Cisco Spark Control Hub also provides the ability to manage Cisco Spark Hybrid Services.
The Pro Pack for Cisco Spark Control Hub is a premium offer for customers who require more advanced capabilities, or even integrations with their existing security, compliance, and analytics software. Cisco makes these capabilities available with the Pro Pack for the Cisco Spark Control Hub. Access can be provided specifically to those who need these more advanced capabilities (e.g., InfoSec professionals or compliancy officers).
Security and privacy
Industry-leading end-to-end encryption ensures all messages, files, and whiteboards remain secure and available at all times, while still enabling value-add features like search. With Cisco Spark, your data is private. This includes all content, messages, and files—even your whiteboard drawings. Cisco Spark ensures open collaboration for users and peace of mind for IT and InfoSec leaders.
- End-to-end content protection - Everything is encrypted before it leaves your device, and stays encrypted until someone who holds a key decrypts it—and only your authorized users can do that. Always-on encryption and options to manage your own encryption keys are also included.
- Fast and simple search - Any match is retrieved and sent to devices for decryption and display.
- User identity and access - Only people who have successfully authenticated with the service can view messages and files in Cisco Spark spaces.
- Protecting devices and public browsers - Customize application and mobile device security controls with idle time out of web clients, device PIN enforcement, and remote wipe of Cisco Spark content cached on mobile devices.
Security or compliance officers can align to company InfoSec policies for retention and search and extract eDiscovery content. They can define compliance settings for retention, conduct eDiscovery, and integrate with existing compliance software.
- Flexible retention - Content is stored indefinitely or until a user deletes it, but an administrator is able to define how long content is stored. To help enroll users they are aware of what policy is in place in any Cisco Spark space.
- eDiscovery search and extraction - Compliance administrators can search and extract content from spaces, including all activities, text messages, content, and contextual data such as timestamps, space IDs, participant IDs.
- Event API for data loss prevention (DLP) - The Cisco Spark event API enables polling for events and content to monitor and correct user behavior. The API is also available to integrate with your cloud access security broker (CASB), data loss prevention system (DLP), archival platform or eDiscovery software to check for policy violations and to take remediation action. The Events API can also be consumed by archival software to archive Cisco Spark data and apply legal hold.
3rd party integrations
Cisco has developed key relationships with leading Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), compliance, security, and identity management vendors to enhance Cisco Spark and deliver key enterprise-grade features. Examples include
- Actiance can capture and archive all content from Cisco Spark, including messages and files to comply with retention requirements and enable eDiscovery. Actiance also provides integration with other archival systems.
- Cisco Cloudlock monitors all Cisco Spark spaces that contain members internal to the organization for Data Loss Prevention. When a violation is detected Cloudlock can take these Cisco Spark Specific actions: 1) Notify end user of policy violation via 1-to-1 bot message 2) notify Cisco Spark admin of policy violation via 1-to-1 bot message and 3) delete violating content (file or message) from a Cisco Spark space.
- GlobalRelay work with Cisco Advanced Services ensuring that Cisco Spark content can be sent to GlobalRelay for archival. Supports both on-premises and cloud instances of GlobalRelay.
- Okta and Cisco’s deep integration brings Okta’s identity management platform to the Cisco Spark Platform. With Okta, end-users can seamlessly authenticate into Cisco Spark to collaborate and share information. For CIOs and IT leaders, the new SCIM integration provides a simplified and secure way to provision and de-provision Cisco Spark users for enterprises. IT administrators can also use such Okta features as Universal Directory (UD) and mobile device management (MDM) to manage users, as well as multi-factor authentication to provide an additional layer of security to the authentication process.
- Ping Identity has created an integration between both Ping Identity’s PingOne and PingFederate and the Cisco Spark Platform. To secure against the number one attack vector of weak and stolen passwords, this integration provides an enterprise authentication experience. Additionally, Ping Identity’s cloud-delivered, multi-factor authentication (MFA) increases security even further without sacrificing user experience with an easy, one touch swipe on a mobile phone. Finally, for IT executives the Ping Identity/Cisco Spark integration provides a simple and highly secure way to deploy and manage Cisco Spark across the enterprise.
- Skyhigh Networks applies policies to Cisco Spark content, including messages and files. Skyhigh can alert upon policy violations and take remediation actions such as deleting the violating content. Policies can be based on AD groups.
Management and analytics
The Cisco Spark Control Hub is a web-based tool for full visibility and control across the service. It’s the gateway for provisioning, administration, and analytics. It also provides a dashboard for usage and performance across the whole service.
- Managing subscriptions - User details can be entered manually or uploaded in batches. Using the Directory Service of Cisco Spark Hybrid Services an organization can simply synchronize with Microsoft Active Directory to automatically add or delete users. It is also possible to integrate Single Sign-On (SSO) services to help ensure that users enter their IT-approved password to access Cisco Spark.
- Reporting and metrics - Usage reports enable administrators to measure adoption trends and business insight. Administrators are also able to monitor the quality of service, capacity and performance.